Aside from individual counselling, our team offers groups, seminars and workshops on a range of topics. Join in an existing group or inquire about having us design something new! We love to hear ideas about what groups or workshops you’d be interested in, as we are always developing new resources for our community.
Groups and Workshops
Upcoming groups and workshops
Women’s Eat Bravely 6-week Group
Jump start your 2018 New Years resolutions by setting yourself up with the skills for success! This group focuses on building skills & insights to ignite a healthy relationship with food.
~deny yourself out of fear of losing control
~avoid social events where food will be served
~feel guilty after eating, spend a lot of time thinking about food
~struggle with follow-through and consistancy?
Imagine the Possibilities.
What if you were able to redirect the energy that you currently spend focused on food toward more meaningful areas of your life?
Benefit from a Registered Dietitian and Provisional Psychologist in building the skills and getting the support needed to build a healthy relationship with food.
Women’s Art Therapy Group
Artful Recovery: Thriving After Abuse
Art enriches our lives by helping us to understand and express more than is possible through words.
This art therapy group in Edmonton empowers women to feel more in control of their lives. By providing you with the freedom to choose materials, style and subject matter, and to create whatever you want to create, the art therapy provides distance and control. The sense of safety and containment will allow you to release built up tension and anxiety into something productive and cathartic.
During our 8-week experiential group, you may begin to:
- move away from isolation toward re-establishment of a sense of connection with others
- internalize a positive self-image and sense of autonomy
- externalize feelings by creating visual representations
- gain access to traumatic memories stored in your body
- experience a shift from surviving to thriving!
Designed for women who have experienced emotional or physical abuse, the art group will discuss:
- increasing self-esteem and confidence
- learning how to be healthy in relationships and safeguard from future abuse
- exploring ways to express and process inner thoughts and feelings related to your personal healing journey.
Boundaries and Healthy Relationships Workshop
Healthy Boundaries Create Healthy Relationships
And yet we don’t commonly learn what is in the recipe for a healthy connection.
In this Liferoots Healthy Boundaries and Relationships workshop we will explore our own boundary beliefs with emotional, physical, mental and spiritual boundaries.
We will uncover signs of healthy and unhealthy boundaries to help us recognize them in ourselves and others.
Dates: Jan 26 and January 27, 2018
We will use a number of different learning tools to expand your knowledge of the role boundaries play in your life, how you may be allowing others to push your boundary and how to set your own boundaries in an assertive manner without becoming too aggressive or wilting away from conflict.
Warning: Changing boundaries can change relationships in unexpected ways. Not doing anything runs the risk of things staying the same.
Come. Take the Journey.
In this 10 hour workshop you will build:
- Insight into your own boundary style and how this impacts relationships with others.
- Knowledge of di erent types of boundaries.
- Understanding 15 styles of distorted thinking and 10 ways to untwist that thinking.
- Understanding of what builds healthy relationships and what tears them down.
- Practice with creating your own personal mission statement for relationships in your life.
Group therapy for OCD
This group therapy uses Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) treatment method to address your Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder.
The 12-week group therapy can be taken on a single-session basis depending on your need, so that we can focus on the counselling specific to your recovery (or discovery) stage. Using CBT treatment method, the therapist can help you to:
- understand the difference between obsessions and compulsions
- reflect on the causes behind your anxiety and/or catastrophic thoughts
- challenge unhelpful thoughts and beliefs
- learn to resist the urge to act
Therapy sessions are on Mondays/Wednesdays, 1.5 to 2 hours each. You will be invited to a screening interview prior to attending the group, so we can build a strong understanding of how to best work together. Please contact us for you free consultation.
Teen group counselling
THRIVE Girls Self-Esteem Group
It’s not easy for coming-of-age girls to develop a healthy sense of self-worth, self-respect, and purpose as they prepare for their futures. In order to emerge from their teen years as strong, happy, and confident young women, girls must learn to successfully navigate new responsibilities, expectations and relationships, and often face peer pressure and negative messages about girlhood and womanhood.
Would you like to set your teen up for success, emotional intelligence and self-respect, to provide them with a strong foundation of essential information and skills for the rest of their life?
Within our THRIVE Girls Self-Esteem Group group, we work with teen girls to develop positive skills and strategies related to self-awareness, relationships, emotional-regulation, body image, the pursuit of personally meaningful goals. We want them to make healthy decisions, fall in love with their uniqueness, and reach their full potential in a fun, positive, interactive, and supportive group setting.
During our 10-week experiential group, your teen will begin to:
- build self-confidence & self-esteem.
- gain self-awareness & insight into her personal identity.
- set healthy boundaries, understand consent & recognize dangers in dating relationships.
- experience a heightened appreciation for her inherent value & worth.
- notice her natural resiliency and strength.
- improve emotional regulation through mindfulness and positive coping strategies.
- learn about healthy eating and body image.
- experience a safe place to build a sense of connection to her peers.
Check out out newly announced dates & times for the next round of THRIVE Girls!
Women’s Group Counselling
During our 8-week Healthy Boundaries & Relationships experiential group, you may begin to:
- understand how to release resentment from your life.
- recognize when to reassess or set a new boundary.
- feel confident in using your voice to assert yourself.
- build deeper, more genuine connections with people.
- be able to confidently say no, without being ruled by guilt.
- communicate with challenging people, without self-doubt.
- develop self-awareness about how your boundary style originated.
- carve out personal time and nurture yourself.
- notice a greater sense of purpose and feel “in tune” with your values.
- experience greater ability to emotionally distance from negative people.
- start noticing positive changes in your relationships.
Your Own Seminars & Workshops
Our team is available to address businesses, schools, societies, churches, media and non-profit groups on a variety of mental health topics. We are able to provide presentations, facilitate groups, and conduct seminars specifically tailored to the needs, interests, and availability of your group. We can teach the material over the lunch hour!
- Introduction to Mindfulness
- The Power of Self-Compassion
- Supporting Wellbeing and Success for Teens (for parents)
- Time Management & Keys to Tapping into Motivation/Harnessing Your Energy to Work Effectively
- Self-Harm & Teens
- Critical Incident Stress Management
- Depression and/or other mental disorders at the workplace
- Family Violence/How to Support Someone Who is Experiencing Abuse
- Stress and Burn-out Alleviation and Prevention
Get in touch
Does one or more of these sessions sound like it can make a positive impact upon your life? Schedule a free 20-minute session with me to find out more.