LifeRoots is proud to offer online counselling for those clients unable to attend on-site therapy, giving you access to services in the comfort of your own home, office, or another location through the encrypted Doxy.Me video platform. All therapy is provided by psychologists located in Edmonton, Alberta and registered with the College of Alberta Psychologists. To access online counselling appointments, users simply need a tablet, computer, or mobile device with access to the internet.
Who is Online Counselling For?
Benefits of online counselling include flexibility, accessibility, convenience and anonymity. Online counselling is a great solution for individuals who:
- live in rural or remote areas
- wish to fit counselling into their lunch hour or break
- have barriers to mobility or transportation
- experience obstacles or phobias relating to leaving their home
- struggle to find child care during their counselling appointments
At this time, online counselling is only available to residents of Alberta.
How Does it Work?