LifeRoots is proud to offer online counselling for those clients unable to attend on-site therapy, giving you access to services in the comfort of your own home, office, or another location through the encrypted Doxy.Me video platform.
Who is Online Counselling For?
Benefits of online counselling include flexibility, accessibility, convenience and anonymity. Online counselling is a great solution for individuals who:
- live in rural or remote areas
- are seeking a therapist with an area of specialization or sensitivity not available in their area
- wish to fit counselling into their lunch hour or break
- have barriers to mobility or transportation
- experience obstacles or phobias relating to leaving their home
- struggle to find child care during their counselling appointments
At this time, online counselling is available to residents throughout the Northwest Territories (NWT).
How Does it Work?
Is Online Counselling Right for Me?
In many instances, online counselling is a convenient way to access support. However, some areas of concern are better suited to in-person counselling. Your therapist will inform you if they feel that you would be better suited for in-person counselling, and provide referrals to alternative counselling options wherever possible. If you’d like to discuss whether online counselling may be a good fit for you, you’re welcomed to book a complimentary 20-minute consultation.